Background Check for Potential Applicants/Students
Access Platt College's Background Check Page.
Students are required to submit the most current background check, vaccinations, including flu shot, a BLS/CPR for Healthcare Provider card, a 10-panel drug screen, and the School of Nursing at Platt College Performance Standards to a cloud-based document management system which will provide compliance notifications and immunization tracking. This is required for participation in clinical education and individual healthcare systems may impose additional health, immunization, and performance standards which may result in the requirement to provide additional student documents.
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Cannabinoid (also known as THC)
- Measles, Mumps, & Rubella – completed MMR series (2 doses) or positive antibody titers
- Tuberculin Skin Test – negative PPD /or/ negative Chest X-Ray in compliance with affiliation agreement /or/ negative Quantiferon blood test (when PPD is not available.) PPDs are required annually; however, if a student has a chest X-ray or Quantiferon blood screen initially, the student will fill out a questionnaire annually about their respiratory health.
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap) -Required every 10 years
- Hepatitis B Completed Series (Series of 3) or Positive Immune Titer (HbsAB )
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) positive history of chickenpox - proof of varicella by immunization via titer or 2 vaccinations or note from doctor stating history of disease with doctor’s signature and date
- Flu shot – This is an annual shot you must get every fall
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support/CPR for Healthcare Providers – A number of our clinical sites only accept the “American Heart Association” direct CPR/BLS certification vs companies that are “Approved by the American Heart Association,” students must go directly to the “American Heart Association” to get their CPR/BLS for Health Care Provider.
- Physical Exam Attestation Requirement for the School of Nursing
- Provide Copy of current Personal Health Insurance
- Provide healthcare certifications or licensures (copies) if applicable
- Proof of Liability and Malpractice Insurance per the affiliation agreement – Will purchase through the School of Nursing at Platt College
- Evidence of Worker’s Compensation coverage per Colorado Law – Will purchase through the School of Nursing at Platt College