Background Check & Health Records
Background Check for Potential Applicants/Students
Access Platt College's Background Check Page.
Scan and items listed below (with the exception of the 10 panel drug screen) and email scanned document to Barb Jones, Executive Administrative Assistant. All files must be JPEG/JPG or PDF format. Equivocal titer results will not be considered immune.
- Measles, Mumps, & Rubella – completed MMR series (2 doses) or positive antibody titers
- Tuberculin Skin Test – negative PPD /or/ negative Chest X-Ray in compliance with affiliation agreement /or/ negative Quantiferon blood test (when PPD is not available.) PPDs are required annually; however, a student can also complete the Platt College Tuberculosis Symptom Screening Questionnaire form annually about their respiratory health. The Clinical Placement Coordinator or Dean will then determine from the questionnaire if the student needs a repeat screening.
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap) -Required every 10 years
- Hepatitis B Completed Series (Series of 3) or Positive Immune Titer (HbsAB ) or Declination
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) positive history of chickenpox - proof of varicella by immunization via titer or 2 vaccinations or note from doctor stating history of disease with doctor’s signature and date
- Flu shot. This is an ANNUAL shot you must get every fall
- Submit a signed and verifiable Physical Form School of Nursing
- Current American Heart Association BLS/CPR for Healthcare Providers
- Provide Copy of current Personal Health Insurance
- Provide healthcare certifications or licensures (copies) if applicable
- Proof of Liability and Malpractice Insurance per the affiliation agreement – Will purchase through the School of Nursing at Platt College
- Evidence of Worker’s Compensation coverage per Colorado Law – Will purchase through the School of Nursing at Platt College
Evidence of a completed drug screen – The only item that must be Faxed to Platt College is evidence of a completed 10 Panel drug screen. Request a 10 Panel Drug Screen that includes the drugs listed below and please request that the facility fax the results to Platt College Fax # (303) 745-1433 and please send attention to: Executive Administrative Assistant, School of Nursing. Required Annually.
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Cannabinoid (also known as THC)