General & Interdisciplinary
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) contains full text for more than 2,100 journals, including more than 1,700 peer-reviewed titles. This multi-disciplinary database covers virtually every area of academic study.
- Academic OneFile (LIRN-Gale) A one-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics. Millions of full-text articles, many with images.
- Research Library (LIRN-Proquest) ProQuest Research Library™ is designed to cover the top 150 core academic subject reference areas, 6,400 periodical titles as well as provide hundreds of general interest periodicals from around the world, so not only is it an invaluable database for a number of different academic disciplines, it's also accessible to readers and researchers at every level.
- MasterFILE Premier (EBSCO) this multidisciplinary database provides full text for more than 1,050 general reference publications.
- Expanded Academic ASAP (LIRN - Gale)From arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology, this database meets research needs across all academic disciplines. Access scholarly journals, news magazines, and newspapers - many with full text and images!
Social Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, and Social Work)
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCO) Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection is a comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods. This is the world's largest full text psychology database offering full text coverage for nearly 400 journals.
- ProQuest Psychology Journals (LIRN-Proquest) Psychology: Journals, Magazines with complete full-text coverage from top psychology and related publications, this database meets the needs of both students and mental-health professionals.
- ProQuest Sociology (LIRN-Proquest) Covers the international literature of sociology and social work, including culture and social structure, history and theory of sociology, social psychology, substance abuse and addiction and more. This collection provides full-text coverage of many core titles indexed in Sociological Abstracts and Social Services Abstracts. As well as hundreds of full text scholarly journals, the database also includes over 500 recent full-text doctoral dissertations on sociology.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
- Proquest Social Science Journals (LIRN-Proquest) This database includes over 1000 titles, with the majority available in full text. It covers core disciplines across the social sciences including sociology, social work, anthropology, politics and other areas, featuring journals from over 50 countries, facilitating multidisciplinary research and providing researchers with a variety of perspectives.
- EBSCO Social Sciences (EBSCO) Subject coverage includes addiction studies, anthropology, community health & medical care, communications, economics, environmental studies, ethics, family studies, gender studies, geography, international relations, law, mass media, minority studies, political science, psychiatry, psychology, public welfare, social work, urban studies and much more.
Science & Technology
- Proquest Research Library: Science & Technology (LIRN-Proquest) includes chemistry and biology journals.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) Multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles.
- Academic OneFile (LIRN -Gale)contains peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources, covering the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects.
- Expanded Academic ASAP (LIRN-Gale)From arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology, this database meets research needs across all academic disciplines.
- Highwire Press Largest archive of free full-text science on Earth!" They have more than 2.4 million articles available. When browsing the website one can see that some of the biomedical journal titles are immediately free and others are embargoed for 1 year. One may browse or search by title or topic.