- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (EBSCO) is the world's most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 750 journals indexed in CINAHL.
- Medline with Full Text (EBSCO) MEDLINE with Full Text provides the authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and pre-clinical sciences found on MEDLINE, plus the database provides full text for more than 1,470 journals indexed in MEDLINE.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) contains full text for more than 2,100 journals, including more than 1,700 peer-reviewed titles. This multi-disciplinary database covers virtually every area of academic study.
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source (LIRN-Proquest) 715 full text journals of Nursing, Allied Health: Journals, Magazines and Dissertations. Skills videos from Medcom Video Training Programs Collection.
- Proquest Health and Medical Complete (LIRN-Proquest)This database offers reliable, comprehensive journal coverage of clinical and biomedical topics, consumer health, health administration and more. 1,270 full text journals.
- Medcom Trainex Video Training (LIRN-Proquest) Nursing & Allied Health click the browse button and choose Video Training Programs. These videos cover important topics such as health care safety, emergency planning, checking vital signs and many more.
- Proquest Psychology (LIRN-Proquest)This database provides abstracts and indexing for more than 640 titles, with over 540 titles available in full text. Many titles are indexed in PsycINFO. Coverage ranges from behavioral, clinical, cognitive, developmental, experimental, industrial and social psychology, along with personality, psychobiology and psychometrics.
LIRN (CultureVision) and others
- CultureVision (LIRN-Culturevision) Culturally competent patient care information for over 50 ethnic, cultural, religious, and ability groups.
- Micromedex - The wide range of evidence based information you expect from Micromedex is now part of Thomson Healthcare Evidence. This includes all the unbiased, referenced information about drugs, toxicology, diseases, acute care, and alternative medicine you have come to expect. Includes CareNotes™ System which provides your patients with complete, easy-to-understand information about all aspects of their care, medications, and health, in English or Spanish. ****Because the online subscription offered through the Micromedex Academic Program is intended specifically for students enrolled in healthcare-related curriculums and faculty/instructors that teach those curriculums, access must be restricted to those users. For access via desktop or laptop/notebook computer while in a patient care facility, they must utilize the facility's subscription—they are not to access via the user name and password provided for the academic subscription or share the access information with others.****
- Pubmed Linkout Pubmed is a government bibliographic database containing citations and abstracts from approximately 5,200 biomedical journals published in the United States and in other countries. Full text articles can also be found within pubmed at pubmed central.****This is a custom url for Platt College. After searching, go to the tab that is labeled Platt college and it will link you to the articles that are in the EBSCO database.****NOTE: Make sure and set PubMed as a bookmark after accessing via the custom URL. When accessing Pubmed go through your bookmark page. Also make sure that your computer accepts cookies and Java Script. Both of those are needed in order to remember your settings.
- Pubmed Single Citation Matcher This will check Platt College EBSCO databases for full text. Look for blue library holdings icon for Platt College full text.
- PICO tool Patient, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome that searches Pubmed.