If you are awarded, and accept financial aid you may use "bookstore bucks" to purchase and/or rent textbooks through Platt College's Virtual Bookstore. Bookstore bucks come directly from your financial aid and/or private loans. Your bookstore charges will be subtracted from any financial aid refund you may have coming to you. We have taken the guess work out of buying your books and kits, simply download these easy step-by-step instructions.
How do I Purchase My Textbooks
When you buy a textbook through the Platt College Bookstore, you will create an account during checkout. Your account will remain active throughout your enrollment in the College.
You can create your account by following these simple steps:
- When you reach the Platt College Bookstore secure checkout page, enter your Platt College email address and password in the New Customers section of the sign in page. Click "Create Account" to continue checking out. You will receive your password in your Platt College email once your bookstore bucks have been uploaded; we recommend you change your password after you initially set up your account. For students who will not use bookstore books to make purchases, you will create a password when you create your account.
- Once your account is created, you will be directed immediately to our Shipping and Billing Information page. This information is saved for convenience, though you can easily change it when making purchases in the future.
How Can I Pay for My Textbooks Using Financial Aid
If you are eligible for financial aid in excess of tuition and fees, you may use such funds, what we call "Bookstore Bucks" to pay for other educationally-related charges, such as books and supplies. You may use bookstore bucks to purchase and rent textbooks.
To Be Eligible for a Bookstore Bucks
- You must be awarded financial aid for the quarter.
- You must accept your financial aid award.
- You must complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) if your accepted financial aid award includes student loans.
- Your financial aid award amount must be greater than your total tuition and fees, with enough left over for books.
- You must be registered at least half-time (6 credits) in courses pertaining to your degree program in the semester you are purchasing textbooks.
- Your account must use your Platt College email address as your username.
How to Use Bookstore Bucks
- Electronic bookstore bucks become available for use two-weeks before the start of classes each quarter.
- Bookstore bucks are only available and valid 10 businesses days after the start of the class each quarter. After the 10 business days have passed, bookstore bucks will be removed from the student's bookstore account as "non-used" federal funds.
- You will only be issued bookstore bucks once per quarter.
Consequence of Withdrawing from Course(s) During an Enrollment Period
A student who receives federal financial aid assistance (Pell Grant, FSEOG, Direct Loans, Parent PLUS loan) to pay for his/her college education has the responsibility to attend all classes until the end of the term. For all students who do NOT complete all classes in the term for any reason, federal regulations require that Student Financial Services perform a “Return of Title IV Funds” calculation. Funds that the student was not eligible to retain are referred to as “unearned funds.” The student will be responsible for paying Platt College any charges that exceed the amount of financial aid earned and that must be returned to the government and/or lender.
How Can I Pay for My Textbooks Without Financial Aid
The Platt College Bookstore accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal and gift cards as a payment for textbook purchases.
Payments may also be made by check or money order but are limited to purchases only (not eligible for rentals). Orders will not be processed in our system until the check or money order has cleared our financial institution. For information on how to pay with a check or money order, please contact our bookstore customer service department.
To redeem your gift card, input the gift card code in the coupon box during checkout. The total gift card amount will be deducted from your order total. To purchase gift cards, visit our gift certificates page to purchase in denominations of $25, $50 or $100.
*You must purchase all science lab kits and your ACLS Certification through Platt College.