This information is provided by Platt College in compliance with the Federal Gainful Employment Regulations. As a private for-profit education institution, we are required to report the following information for degree programs that meet gainful employment definitions.
Each program is required to report: (1) occupations by names and Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) Code that the program prepares students to enter; (2) normal time to complete the program (e.g., 36 months for program completion); (3) on-time graduation rate for completers; (4) placement rate for completers, if required by state or accreditor; (5) tuition and fees for completing the program in the normal time, costs for book and supplies, and costs for room and board, if applicable; (6) median educational loan debt incurred by completers, disclosed in three separate categories: Title IV loans, private loans, and institutional debt; and (7) the Colorado Board of Nursing NCLEX annual pass rate.
- The occupation for which the program prepares students is registered nurse (Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) code is 51.3801).
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree takes 36 months to complete.
- The 2017 Graduation and Placement Rates are based on the time period of students who began the nursing program during January 2012-September 2012, as required by the College's institutional accreditor's (ACCSC) annual report: the graduation rate for the time period is 83%. The graduation rate is based on 64 individuals with 53 individuals graduating.. Additionally, Platt College reports its retention rate based on the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (known as IPEDS). IPEDS measures first-time degree seeking students who have never attended college. For Fall 2017-2018, Platt College had 5 students out 236 students that were categorized under IPEDS. Thus, 0 out of 5 students withdrew for a retention rate of 100%.
- The 2017 Graduation and Placement Rates are based on the time period of students who began the nursing program during January 2012-September 2012, as required by the College's institutional accreditor's (ACCSC) annual report: the employment rate is 92%. The placement rate is based on 64 individuals with 59 individuals employed as a registered nurse.
The required Graduation and Placement Rates are based on the time period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. During this time period, 49 individuals graduated and 30 of those individuals are employed, for an employment rate of 61%.
- Tuition and fees for completion the program in the normal time, costs for books and supplies, and costs for room and board is available on the College's website.
Because the costs of books and supplies may vary per student enrolling, Platt College has created a detailed cost structure break-down to ensure transparency, ethics, and integrity, as stated in the College's Core Values.
According to the current College catalog, 2018-2019 Catalog: Volume 11, Number I (Effective August 10, 2018), the total for tuition and fees is $77,145.00. Based on the current College Catalog, books and supplies were calculated based on the following categories:
- Books (approximately) $5,200.00
- Cognate Science Kits $410.00
- and Certification and Insurance Costs are $1,250.00
- For the time period of July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018, out of 49 students who graduated during that time period, 43 students have reported debt. Median Federal Loan Debt is $38,903; Median Private Loan Debt is $41,591; and the Median Loan Debt is $64,051. The completion rate is 51.38%. 72.97% completed the program within the normal time frame as listed in the catalog. *12 students from the noted year are still enrolled.
- The year to date (01/01/18 through 06/30/18) NCLEX-RN Pass Rate for Platt College as reported by the Colorado Board of Nursing is 81.48%. The 81.48% is based on a calendar year-to-date report for 2018 with 27 graduates tested.
This information for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing is available below. Please note this template is provided by the Department of Education and is revised according to their template release.