Platt College supports the development of technology-based instruction in accordance with the College mission to “offer quality undergraduate education and to provide graduates with competencies, skills and levels of education for employment and continued success in higher education. Platt College recognizes that communication technology offers faculty an increasing number of ways to provide instruction and that the internet allows development of asynchronous learning.
An eCombination course (blended) is designed to integrate face-to-face and online activities so that they reinforce, complement, and elaborate one another. Platt College currently uses a 60/40 split, meaning that 60% of the course is taught face-to-face, and 40% of the course is taught online. That means that over a ten week period, students attend the class in person 6 times and online 4 times during the quarter.
The following courses are implemented into the curriculum as eCombination courses.
- NSG 151 Introduction to Nursing Informatics
- ENG 121 Reading and Writing in College I
- NSG 233 Nursing Care of the Aging Adult
- BIOL 112 Nutrition in Health and Illness
- PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
- PHIL 112 Critical Thinking
- NSG 247 Ethical Concerns Impacting Nursing Practice
- SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology
- HUM 101 Arts and Culture: An Introduction to Humanities
- NSG 248 Legal Issues Impacting Nursing Practice
- HS 150 U.S. History and Government