The applicant must contact the School of Nursing after receiving notification of acceptance regarding his/her intent to attend the program. Any applicant, who fails to contact the School of Nursing within the stated date, forfeits his/her acceptance to the program and an applicant on the alternate list will be immediately contacted.
It is extremely important the School of Nursing has accurate mailing, phone contact and email information for this process to be conducted accurately and timely.
Step 1: The Accepted Applicant will sign the Student Consent to Use of Electronic Signatures Form and Attestation for Verification of Identity form. The Accepted Applicant will sign the Catalog Attestation, Accepted Applicant Check List and the Pass to Progress Acknowledgement. The Accepted Applicant will complete and sign the Distance Education Self-Evaluation prior to his/her enrollment appointment.*
*If applicant is unable to reach the threshold on the Distance Education Self-Evaluation form, the Coordinator of IT Services will provide the appropriate follow-up to ensure that the applicant has the skills, competencies, and access to technology necessary to succeed in a distance education environment prior to enrollment in to the program.
Step 2: The Accepted Applicant will schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid personnel. Financial Aid personnel will review the applicant’s financial package as well as the Enrollment Agreement. The Accepted Applicant will sign the Enrollment Agreement and initial the items listed on the Enrollment Agreement Checklist. The Accepted Applicant has three business days to notify Admissions personnel via email of cancellation. An Accepted Applicant that is cancelling will sign the Student Cancellation form sent from Admissions.
Step 3: Scan and Email items listed below (with the exception of the 10 panel drug screen) to firstname.lastname@example.org - All files must be JPEG/JPG or PDF format. Equivocal titer results will not be considered immune.
- Evidence of a completed 10 panel drug screen – The only item that can be Faxed to Platt College is evidence of a completed 10 Panel drug screen. Request a 10 Panel Drug Screen that includes the drugs listed below and please request the facility fax results to Platt College Fax # (303) 745-1433 Attention to: Executive Administrative Assistant, School of Nursing.
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Cannabinoid (also known as THC)
- Measles, Mumps, & Rubella – completed MMR series (2 doses) or positive antibody titers
- Tuberculin Skin Test – negative PPD /or/ negative Chest X-Ray in compliance with affiliation agreement /or/ negative Quantiferon blood test (when PPD is not available.) PPDs are required annually; however, if a student has a chest X-ray or Quantiferon blood screen initially, the student will fill out a questionnaire annually about their respiratory health. The Clinical Placement Coordinator or Dean will then determine from the questionnaire if the student needs a repeat screening.
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap) -Required every 10 years
- Hepatitis B Completed Series (Series of 3) or Positive Immune Titer (HbsAB )
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) positive history of chickenpox - proof of varicella by immunization via titer or 2 vaccinations or note from doctor stating history of disease with doctor’s signature and date
- Flu shot – This is an ANNUAL shot you must get every fall
- Submit a signed and verifiable Physical Form School of Nursing-Student will use Platt’s Physical Form
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support/CPR for Healthcare Providers – A number of our clinical sites only accept the “American Heart Association” direct CPR/BLS certification vs companies that are “Approved by the American Heart Association,” students must go directly to the “American Heart Association” to get their CPR/BLS for Health Care Provider.
- Provide Copy of current Personal Health Insurance
- Provide healthcare certifications or licensures (copies) if applicable
- Proof of Liability and Malpractice Insurance per the affiliation agreement – Will purchase through the School of Nursing at Platt College
- Evidence of Worker’s Compensation coverage per Colorado Law – Will purchase through the School of Nursing at Platt College
Step 4: Accepted Applicants will receive the orientation schedule from the Admissions Department and class schedule when it is finalized.