Platt College has partnered with the Colorado Nurses Foundation (CNF) who will facilitate the applications and awarding of the Joe Lee Memorial scholarship. The scholarship is awarded annually to one Platt College nursing student.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be accepted into the School of Nursing at Platt College
- Be a Colorado resident committed to practicing nursing in Colorado
- Be a minimum of one quarter of study remaining prior to completing their degree
- Have a 3.25 minimum grade point average
- Be classified as a junior or senior level BSN student
- Have a documented financial need
- Upon award of scholarship, provide written attestation of continued enrollment in the January quarter by the Platt College Registrar
- Submit a current transcript
- Submit a personal essay explaining the details of the financial hardship
- Written attestation from Platt College Financial Aid office verifying financial need
- Two letters of reference: one from employer/supervisor (if not employed, then from another individual)
Applications open September 1 each year and close around the 3rd to 4th week of October. Award is made January 1 of each year.
An application review committee has been established by CNF to make the scholarship selection. Eligible students may apply for this scholarship by going to the Colorado Nurses Foundation (CNF) website at http://www.coloradonursesfoundation.com/