Platt College Student Nurses Association
The School of Nursing at Platt College offers students a unique opportunity to become a member of the School of Nursing at Platt College Student Nurses Association (PSNA). Platt College’s SNA is a chapter of the National Student Nurses Association (NSNA), as well as the Colorado Student Nurses Association.
NSNA and CSNA are pre-professional organizations operated by and for nursing students. NSNA offers students educational programs, discounts on products (NSNA Journal, Imprint), professional services (e.g., liability insurance), and leadership opportunities. Membership fees are very reasonable. PSNA is an excellent vehicle for involvement in your chosen profession. Founded in 1952, NSNA is a nonprofit organization for students enrolled in associate, baccalaureate, diploma, and generic graduate nursing programs. It is dedicated to fostering the professional development of nursing students.
The PSNA is involved in a number of philanthropy and volunteer projects in the Denver metropolitan area. PSNA has previously participated in book drives for a battered women's shelter, Habitat for Humanity projects, 9 News Health Fair, and many other projects.
PSNA members are eligible to attend numerous national conventions across the United States, as well as the convention held in Colorado. Membership in PSNA is a great way to get involved in the School of Nursing and gain leadership skills that are valuable to every nurse.
For more information on joining PSNA, contact Eric Clevinger, Student President.
Platt College Student Veterans Organization (SVO)
The School of Nursing at Platt College Student Veterans Organization (SVO) is an organization committed to serving veterans and their families. The SVO is an independent student run organization that strives to further veteran’s lives by providing awareness, support, and resources at the college. We utilize the Faculty, Staff, and other student organizations to reach our goals which include:
- Cooperation, communication, support and information exchange for veterans or those interested in/supportive of veterans.
- Development of appropriate strategies to assist, encourage, and support the implementation of the mission at Platt College
- Maintain a registry of members available to serve as advocates and resource individuals for developing, planning, and evaluating initiatives, policies, and procedures pertinent to the current veteran services
- Veteran representation and involvement throughout the college
- A forum through which Veterans at Platt college may articulate their unique concerns and issues collectively
- Engage in fundraising for various activities related to military and or veterans interests in social activities, memorials/monuments, and donations to relevant charities
Membership is open to all students, dependents and those who have a desire to be a member. For more information on joining SVO, contact Amanda Burton, Interim President.