May 6th officially kicks off Nurses Week at Platt College. It's Nurses' Week 2015-Ethical Practice, Quality Care
- Wednesday, May 6: Calling All Superheroes to "POP" on in! Join us as we celebrate "Student Nurses Day" all day in the student lounge with gourmet popcorn treats!
- Thursday, May 7: Grab your Cape for a Souper Hero Lunch! What better way to make a superhero feel souper than a hot soup lunch served from 11:30-1:00 in the Student Lounge!
- Friday, May 8: In order to save the world, you might need coffee first! You need an IV of coffee-so join us in the student lounge for a coffee bar at 7:30 am until it runs dry or the universe is in jeopardy, whichever comes first!
- Monday, May 11: Here's the Scoop-Your Mission Today is BYOB (banana)! Superheros are bananas! It's banana splits in the Student Lounge 11:30-1:00!
- Tuesday, May 12: Kaboom, Bam, Pow...It's Party Time Now! Who says you can't celebrate 195 years-It's Flo's birthday! Join us in the front parking lot from 11:30-2:00 for Flo's surprise party!
Nursing faculty and Simulation Laboratory Coordinator Jama Goers was selected to serve as a ride medic for Ride The Rockies. The 7 day, 465 mile bike ride that goes up in 40,500 elevation, will feature 2,000 participants and only 40 are ride medics. Goers was chosen among many nominations to serve as medic. Stadium Medical will provide two ambulances for emergency medical support on the route each day. Radio-equipped staff members will patrol the route. A volunteer staff of Riding Medics will also be present.
Nursing students from the School of Nursing at Platt College take the Nightingale Pledge at their recent graduation/pinning ceremony at a hotel near Denver.
The Nightingale Pledge was once taken by all new professional nurses upon first entering the nursing profession. It was named after the famous nursing pioneer Florence Nightingale, who was a championed English nurse. Nightingale laid the foundations of modern nursing with her nursing school at St. Thomas’ Hospital in London (now part of King’s College in London).
Perhaps you have thought about becoming a nurse, but you thought the timing wasn't right...or you thought maybe next year...well-there is no better time to begin exploring your options at Platt College.
Platt College is a college dedicated to the field of professional nursing. Whether this is your second degree or first time in college, we are sure that Platt College has something to offer you. The School of Nursing at Platt College offers a Bachelor of Science Degree (BSN) in just 36 months.