First step: Report the outage
Excel Energy (Power Outage Number): 1-800-895-1999
Electric (Aurora Electric Company): 303-337-5190
Water (Aurora City Water): 303-739-7388
It’s helpful if the following information is provided:
- Are your lights dim or out?
- Did you check your fuse or breaker box for blown fuses or tripped circuits?
- Are your neighbors’ lights out?
- Is a power line down?
- Did a tree limb fall on a power line?
- Is there any damage to the utility pole?
- Are the streetlights out?
- Did you hear a noise?
Follow faculty/staff's direction.
If class is in session, conduct class unless administration directs otherwise.
Evaluate the problem (Obtain an estimated time of repair from utility authority).
If class l is in session and evacuation is necessary, initiate evacuation procedures.
If it is not safe for classes to be in session, implement one of the following:
- Early dismissal
- Class Cancellation
- Delayed Opening
If evacuation has occurred, re-enter building when appropriate to do so. If dismissal or closure has occurred, notify faculty/staff and students.