COVID-19 Campus Update
student policies and procedures
Veterans Pending Payment Compliance
To demonstrate in accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), how Platt College adheres to pending payment for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (ch. 31) benefits while payment to the College is pending from the VA.
Revision Responsibility: Director of Financial Aid
Responsible Executive Office: President
Created in Formalized Policies: July 24, 2019
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (3), Platt College will not:
- prevent the student from enrolling
- assess a late penalty fee to the student
- penalize the student under Policy 04:07:00 Consequences of Unpaid College Balances if as a direct result of pending payment from the VA office
- require the student to secure alternative and/or additional funding
- deny the student access to attending due to pending payment
In order to qualify for this provision, the student should produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by applicable required financial payment dates. VA students must notify the financial aid department each academic year of their intent to use their benefits for certification purpose and provide additional information necessary to the proper certification of enrollment by Platt College.
Tuition, fees, and other costs are equitable for all students, regardless of veteran status.