COVID-19 Campus Update
Return to Campus Plan
Last Updated December 29, 2020
Platt College, in working with our state regulatory agencies and our accrediting agencies, has created new temporary policies in order to continue to protect the health and safety of students, employees, and visitors to our campus. Due to the unprecedented challenges associated with the pandemic, Platt College organized a mitigation committee that was responsible for creating interim guidance that met the requirements of national safety, state regulations, and accreditation requirements.
This interim guidance applies to all Platt College students and employees as they return to in-person work or learning. As we continue to receive advice from state and public health authorities continue to evolve, this plan may change as circumstances warrant. If guidance is added, deleted, or revised, the campus community will be notified via email to revisit this webpage. Students, employees, and campus visitors should additionally revisit this webpage to monitor changes.
The mitigation committee created these interim policies and procedures regarding the pandemic with the following guiding principles:
- The safety and wellbeing of our students, faculty and staff shall remain at the forefront of all our decisions.
- Return to campus procedures have been made with careful consideration and in compliance the with Tri County Health Department, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the Colorado Department of Higher Education under Governor Polis’ requirements for state-wide colleges and universities.
- Platt College will implement best practices to promote a safe campus environment and a culture of individual responsibility and accountability.
In the creation of this plan, the committee used the following assumptions and preventative measures to guide the plan:
- As a community, we will need to take responsibility collectively to follow the necessary guidelines and protocols to keep our community as safe as possible. All faculty, staff, students, and visitors to campus must follow a set of personal health responsibility guidelines outlined in the table of contents below.
- We are all mutually accountable for personally adhering to health guidelines, as outlined in the links below, and reminding our colleagues and classmates to do similarly.
- While all of these guidelines will be an adjustment in our daily lives, it is critically important that each member of our community abide by these guidelines to protect the health and safety of our entire community.
Visit our FAQs Page for instructions on how to enter and exit the building, how to get around campus, using the library, and more.
Table of Contents