Application Process

Explore and "Dream Big"

1st time in college

You do not need prerequisites to apply to Platt College. Our students very in age, college experience, etc.

Simply start with our Five Easy Steps.

transferring to Platt

We help take some of the stress out of transferring to Platt College. While college credit is not required to apply, it can help reduce the overall cost of the program.

To learn more about our transfer credit policy, visit Policy 02:14:00.

Eligible Non US Citizen

Eligible noncitizens are individuals with the USCIS designation of refugee, asylum granted, Cuban-Haitian entrant, conditional entrant, victim of human trafficking, T-visa holder, battered immigrant-qualified alien, child of person under VAWA, or a citizen of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands or Republic of Palau.

If an applicant is a Non-Native English Speaker and has not graduated from an accredited US High School and/or received a GED the following admission requirements must also be met:

English Proficiency: If English is not an applicant's native/first language and the applicant has not graduated from an accredited US High School and/or received a GED, the applicant is required to submit official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores and meet Platt College's minimum requirement prior to taking the TEAS test. 

Platt College's TOEFL code is 8791.

Acceptable English Proficiency Scores/TOEFL (minimum score):

  • 80 internet-based (iBT)
  • 550 paper-based (PBT)
  • 213 computer-based
Veteran Student

VA benefits may be available for those veterans who qualify. Make sure to submit your JST when you apply.

What program does Platt College offer?

Platt College offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and it is a 3 year program, this is the only program offered.  

How is admission decided?

After the applicant has completed all college and program admission requirements, the student’s application file is reviewed, in accordance with the BSN Admission Screening Tool, by the Admissions Committee.

Do I need any prerequisites for the BSN program before attending Platt College?

No. Prerequisites, certifications, licensures or degrees are not needed to apply. An official high school transcript from an accredited high school and/or official GED is required to start the application process.

Still Have Questions?

still have questions?
[email protected]
(720) 758-7970
Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm

The Application Process at Platt College is simple and can be completed in a few easy steps. We are here to guide you along every step of the way.

Start with Five Easy Steps

1: Campus visit

Get to know us better by attending an information session. Held weekly, these sessions are designed to ensure all of your questions are answered. Bring a friend, a neighbor, a parent, a partner, a spouse-all are welcome to learn more.

2: Online Application

Complete online application and pay a non-refundable $75.00 application charge online before taking a scheduled entrance test or submitting official SAT or ACT scores. 

3: submit Test score

At Platt, we accepted scores from one of the three entrance test: ACT, SAT, or TEAS

ACT/SAT Guidelines:

  • Must be completed within 3 years of desired start date
  • Scores must be sent directly to Platt College
    • ACT Code is 7037
    • SAT Code is 3012

TEAS test Guidelines:

  • Can be taken up 3 times a year
  • There is a fee of $115 for each attempt made payable directly to ATI

To learn more about the TEAS test and how it is scored, click the link below for more information.

4: Complete essay

Applicants are given approximately 45 minutes to complete the remote essay prompt. This step is to be completed on the same day as the ATI TEAS; however, it may be scheduled separately if ATI TEAS, ACT, or SAT scores have been officially submitted.

5: Submit HS Transcript (GED) & Any Healthcare Certifications

Official high school transcript from an accredited high school, official GED, and/or Home Study certificate or transcript.

*Potential applicants from foreign, non-English speaking countries must provide a translated and certified document that is the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma in order to satisfy this step (Please Eligible Non-US Citizen Application Process).*

If you currently hold on the following healthcare certification, please submit an unofficial documentation to [email protected]