Platt College is dedicated to academic excellence, personal and professional ethics, integrity, and growth in an environment of mutual respect and diversity that meets the needs of a changing global environment.
Statement of Mission
Platt College offers quality undergraduate education and provides graduates with competencies, skills and levels of education for employment and continued success in higher education.
While fostering life-long higher learning individuals and communities, we pledge to support and encourage intellectual growth by offering small, interactive classes taught by highly educated professionals, by providing student and alumni support and career services to assist in instruction and employment opportunities, and by offering technological and creative endeavors that enhance student-centered learning opportunities.
In fulfilling its mission, Platt College pursues engagement in teaching, learning, scholarship and service for faculty, staff, and students. Platt College, a degree granting institution, provides baccalaureate degrees with an emphasis in educating individuals in the College’s service area of metro Denver. The College fosters an environment conducive to learning and personal growth. Platt College supports the professional development of faculty and staff and is committed to maintaining a work environment that promotes diversity without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
At Platt College, we place high value on:
- Platt College embraces diversity in cultural backgrounds, personal characteristics and recognizes the free expression of ideas, opinions, and differences in people, and respects the rights of students, faculty, and staff.
Excellence in the Learning Process
- Platt College values the role that faculty play in individualizing instruction, encouraging critical thinking, stimulating creativity, and in establishing high academic instruction.
Ethics and Integrity
- Platt College fosters a strong work ethic and places fairness, objectivity, honesty, and accountability at the forefront of its policies and procedures in all aspects of the College.
- Platt College is committed to intellectual and personal growth.
- Platt College is committed to being a caring campus community of students, faculty, and staff to work collaboratively to foster leadership and development. We endeavor to provide a highly educated, employment-ready, diverse professional workforce to meet the needs of our service area.